Our NEW Sea Buckthorn Body Butter and why we chose the ingredients we did
Of course, there are many body butters on the market so we created one that is unique and in keeping with our standards. Our Sea Buckthorn Body Butter has only three main ingredients, organic unrefined Shea Butter, our own organic Sea Buckthorn oil and organic Calendula oil. We added a bit of arrowroot powder and a slight amount of sweet orange essential oil.
Why Shea butter? It contains:
- linoleic, palmitic, stearic, and oleic fatty acids, ingredients that balance oils on your skin
- vitamins A, E, and F, antioxidant vitamins that promote circulation and healthy skin cell growth
- triglycerides, the fatty part of the shea nut that nourishes and conditions your skin
- cetyl esters, the waxy part of the shea nut butter that conditions skin and locks in moisture
Why Sea Buckthorn oil? It contains:
- fatty acids including palmitoleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, which increases hydration without feeling heavy.
- antioxidants including carotenoids and lycopene offering strong protection against stressors that hasten the signs of aging, stimulating the synthesis of collagen
- It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, both alpha- and beta-carotene, vitamins B1, B2, and B6, vitamin E, fatty acids and flavonoids, Omega 3, 9, (help hydrate) and Omega 6 and rarest Omega 7 rejuvenate and strengthen the skin, restoring radiation/sun damage
- about 190 bioactive compounds including quercetin
Why Calendula oil? It contains:
- five essential compounds: Oleanolic acid, lupeol, quercetin, alpha amyrin, and beta amyrin, soothing your skin and reducing discomfort.
- Antioxidants that stimulate the synthesis of collagen
Why arrowroot powder?
- to cut the oily texture, making it light and fluffy and helping the body butter absorb more quickly.
- Arrowroot contains many beneficial minerals and vitamins such as zinc, iron, potassium, and Vitamin B6, and is known to provide relief to skin irritations including rashes, acne, skin sores, and rashes
Why Sweet Orange essential oil?
- Fights off free radicals to prevent premature skin aging
- Antibacterial properties help fight acne
- Boosts circulation in the skin
- Promotes cell growth and collagen synthesis
- Shrinks large pores and firms skin (astringent)
- Controls excess oil formed on the skin
We wanted to share with you why we chose the ingredients we did. Here at Pure Joy we take care in what we put in our products and in turn, what our skin ingests. Sea Buckthorn Body Butter is a luscious treat for your skin.